Pages

Sunday 31 August 2014

Perfect patio weather

The ibakery express at Tamar Park in Central HK is one of my favourite places in the city because of its fantastic view and comfort foods. The cool harbour breeze actually made it the perfect patio weather yesterday. In fact, I barely noticed HKO's Very Hot Weather Warning while sitting in the cafe. This hidden gem is great because no one tries to rush you to finish your snack or meal. I really enjoyed the crunchy ciabatta of my fish sandwich and CharK`s multi-grain burger was pretty tasty too.

The waterfront promenade is currently under construction and even seems to extend out into the harbour. off in the distance by the Convention Center I noticed a big platform with 4 structures on top of it. I wonder what`s going on out there?

A beautiful afternoon at the Waterfront Promenade (Photo: CharK)

Does anyone know what these 4 structures in the middle of the harbour are? (Photo: CharK)


Walking by the Public Pier 9 we saw the construction site for HK's new ferris wheel/observatory. I can understand some of the opposition against this being built as it really is going to be a huge structure in a relatively open area, making it potentially very crowded. I'd be interested in trying the ride to get a different perspective of the harbour, but I'd worry it'd be hot inside one of those glass cabins....

HK's ferris wheel to open in September according to SCMP (Photos: CharK)

Just before heading home, we took the Star Ferry across the Harbour to Tsim Sha Tsui to enjoy the sunset. By now I must have tons of photos of these harbour views. But I'm still find these views to be beautiful really stand out to me as being representative of the HK landscape.
A view from Ocean Terminal of Victoria Harbour (Photo: CharK)


No comments:

Post a Comment